Follow Women in Racing: Twitter @womeninracing1 • Facebook • LinkedIn
Join NOW for just £25. Membership is growing and we're looking forward to another successful year. Find out more here...
About Women in Racing (WiR)
The objectives of Women in Racing look to enhance mentoring and development opportunities, develop cross-industry working groups and the chance to network in order to share knowledge and best practice. This initiative is independent of the BHA, Racing for Change or any body in horse racing.
Established in September 2009, the vision is to reach women across the industry to raise their profile and, with that visibility, encourage more women to be appointed into senior roles. With such role models, it is hoped that more women will come into horse racing and enrich the sport accordingly.
"Women in Racing is created to develop the profile of women in the sport: To encourage senior appointments at Board level across the industry and to attract more women into Racing, to strengthen connections and collaborate on approaches to help promote the health of the sport and to enhance its reputation as an attractive sector in which to build a career."
- Provide women in racing with mentoring and development opportunities
- Create a framework where new opportunities can be discussed and nurtured
- Combine knowledge and best practice
- Foster links with like-minded individuals
- Create a culture that promotes Women in Racing and encourages appointment of senior women at the highest levels in racing
- Raise comfort level for women in traditionally male-dominated venues and working environments
- Develop commercial opportunities for suitable brands to become more involved in racing
- Involve women in the Racing for Change Committees, selecting the best qualified for the roles with a longer term view of appointments to the leadership positions
- Gain visibility in policy and politics circles
- Promote WiR as a resource to tap into for local business circles, local PR opportunities