Join Women in Racing
Women in Racing has been created to develop the profile of women within the horseracing industry; to encourage senior appointments across the sport and to enhance racing's reputation as an attractive sector in which to build a career.
Membership is open to all women across the industry, regardless of role or title.
- Annual membership only £25, renewable after 12 months from the date of joining
- Concession membership £15 (for NARS members, women who work in racing charities or educational institutions, who live outside of the UK or are 24 years old and younger), renewable after 12 months from the date of joining
If you are interested in membership please register and complete the required details, we will be in touch with further information on how to pay your subscription.
Find out who WiR committee members are here...
As an individual
Invitation to a range of events aimed at:
- Providing members with networking opportunities
- Increasing members' knowledge of racing via industry speakers and debates
- Opportunities to share ideas and knowledge
- Members-only web resources including members’ profile information and access to members for advice and guidance
As an employer
- Access for your employees to a wide range of experienced professionals in the industry
- Mentoring opportunities for your staff
- Options for collaboration at many levels with other organisations
- Opportunity to sponsor or host an event gaining access to WiR members
Five advantages to Women in Racing membership...
- Meeting experts – typical events feature an expert speaker/s sharing their knowledge among WiR members often bringing a fresh perspective and airing original opinions. The WiR Patrons all bring something unique to the group.
- Networking – many chances are available to network and create new connections with industry peers and make new friends. See our Events page for the latest opportunities.
- Sharing experiences – most human beings love to share and highlight their expertise and knowledge. Regular events, both serious and social, make it possible for members to share their challenges and experiences with each other. Follow us on Facebook and @womeninracing1 to keep up to date.
- Learning – as a group of like-minded women working within the racing community membership of WiR offers a unique opportunity for people to learn from their peers. Find out more about our Mentor Programme.
- Job opportunities – doors can open due to new contacts made via WiR connections. Relevant vacancies are regularly featured on the WiR website. We advise you to sign up to our Mentor Programme and consider applying for our Bursary Awards to get the best help and advice when looking to develop your role within the racing industry.
Not a woman?
You are more than welcome to attend all of our events and can register on the website absolutely FREE OF CHARGE to be kept informed. Most events are available, and applicable, to non-members at guest rates. Find out more in newsWiRe our newsletter.