Competitive Salary + Benefits
Fixed Term: Maternity Cover
York Racecourse, one of the world’s leading flat racecourses, plays host to c. 350,000 racegoers in addition to some 700 different non-racing events each year. This progressive, independent racecourse seeks to deliver the best in prize money, facilities and raceday experience.
We are now seeking a pro-active Marketing Manager to work with the Head of Marketing and Sponsorship and Marketing Executive across the areas of, marketing, public relations and customer service in order to increase revenue and customer group satisfaction. This is a maternity cover vacancy and as such the appointment will be made on a fixed term basis (anticipated 1-year).
The successful candidate in this role will work to develop then deliver all marketing plans and activity, as follows:
• Advertising and promotional activity
• Delivery of our digital and social media strategy
• Manage and develop closed user group sales
• Assume responsibility for specific defined projects and campaigns to ensure that they deliver against agreed target
• Consumer PR activity
• Marketing aspects of roll out of GDPR
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant relevant experience in a comparable environment (ideally racing, sports, destination or venue)
• Academic ability, educated to graduate level or equivalent
• Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Appropriate understanding of the digital landscape & Social Media platforms
• Accurate administrative skills
• Ability to deliver in a high pressure environment as part of a high performing team
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and York Racecourse
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme. This represents an excellent opportunity for a marketing professional who will relish the chance to play a key role within an award-winning, landmark venue.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
Quoting reference number CND-T534 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.